Categories: B2B Manufacturing
Salary: C.£120k Package plus LTIP
Our client (t/o c£40M) is recognised as the UK’s leading business in its market sector. With impressive manufacturing capability it strikes the right balance between achieving design & aesthetics in its products alongside the technical specification necessary to comply with industry regulations.
The customer base is diverse and ranges from sector corporates down to individual owner managed businesses.
This key role, reporting to the Chief Executive, comes at a particularly exciting time for the business which has performed well through the pandemic. The appointment will be made very much with succession planning in mind.
• Formulate and implement a sales strategy that secures the achievement of revenue and profit objectives.
• Identify new business opportunities whilst continuing to develop relationships with existing customers.
• Motivate and lead the commercial team and improve sales aid systems (CRM) and processes.
• Contribute to the development of the business as a whole as an influential member of the board.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a commercial leadership role. Able to demonstrate a successful track record of profitable sales growth in their career to date and with the intellectual bandwidth to progress to CEO within 5 years.
• Sector compatibility is not high on the list of selection criteria, but the appointee must be able to adapt to the demands of corporate selling, alongside managing the expectations and needs of less structured customer types.
• Skilled negotiator, who is commercially astute, highly motivated and has first class presentation skills and personal gravitas.
• A natural leader who can manage relationships with tact and diplomacy yet is not afraid to challenge the status quo.